Last updated: June 30, 2017 Fibo is a messaging and productivity platform designed for communication and coordination across organizations. Our mission is to create a safe, productive, and simple messaging environment that makes your work life easier. At Fibo we follow a few basic privacy principles:
• You own your messages. We don’t sell or share your content to others to market their products to you.
• Your messages are private. Only the people in your Organization/Jobsite/Network can see groups that are created and only people in a group can view messages sent to the group.
Fibo collects personal information from you in order to provide you the Platform. We collect the following information from you when you use our app and website:
• Personal Information, including your name and telephone number, and occasionally your email or mailing address. We use this information to facilitate our service and to provide technical support. Occasionally, we also collect email or mailing address to provide you additional services, like sending updates about new features or services or sending you a t-shirt (we love sending our users t-shirts!).
• Third Party Personal Information, including the name and phone number of friends and coworkers you refer to Fibo. We use this information to send a one-time invitation to them to join the Platform.
• Billing Information, collected when users upgrade their Organization to Pro. Fibo passes your billing and credit card information to a third-party processor that processes the transaction. Fibo does not store or retain billing information provided by users. (Pro users: to update your billing preferences, please email us at email@example.com or send a message to “Fibo Support” within the app.)
• Message Content, including messages you send or receive within an Organization or which you send to Fibo or Fibo Support. When an Organization is created on Fibo, a group is created for all members of the Organization. You can also create a new group in your Organization by sending a message to one or more members of the Organization. Your messages to that group are only available to recipients in that group. If you are removed from the Organization, your messages will remain accessible to other members of the group, unless the group had only 2 people, in which case the messages are no longer accessible.
• User-Generated Content, including images, video, and audio you upload through the service. We pass this content to our third-party processor which stores and processes it. If you are concerned about a specific file uploaded or shared through the Fibo app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to review the file for removal.
• Log Data, including your mobile platform, screen resolution, and load time on the app, and operating system, browser type and version, and IP address on our web platform. We use the IP address to understand your general location and the Log Data to improve our app functionality, performance, and user experience.
• Location Information, for the sole purpose of providing Location-Based work functionality. We also capture location data as part of photo capture. Location features are optional, and we have designed the product to not track location outside of work.
We use personal information to provide and improve the service. This includes: • Using your phone number to send you SMS messages so you can authenticate your account. • Using personal data to research and improve our Platform and track and analyze trends and usage. • Preventing fraud and abuse of our system and assuring compliance with out Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy. • Communicating with you about your use of the Platform and trouble-shooting any problems you may have.
Fibo does not share user personal information with third party marketers or advertising platforms. We only share personal information in the following circumstances:
• We share personal information with third-party service providers who provide services to us including payment processors, SMS-based communications, hosting services, and analytic services. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
• We may disclose your personal information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request. If we are going to release your data, we will make an effort to provide you with notice in advance through the Platform, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
We may share or sell aggregated or de-identified data (data that does not identify you) with partners and the public in a variety of ways. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data cannot be reasonably linked back to you and we contractually restrict recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
Some web browsers send “Do-Not-Track” (DNT) signals to websites, based on user settings within those browsers. Our Platform does not currently respond to DNT signals due to the lack of industry-wide DNT standards. Fibo takes privacy seriously, and will review this policy once standardized DNT technology is made available.
Fibo collects only the information it needs for business purposes, and retains that data as long as necessary for those purposes while your account is active. If you have not accessed your account for 18 months, we will consider it inactive and may delete the personal data associated with the account.
You own your data. If you need to access or delete personal information stored on our servers, please send us a message at email@example.com describing your request. Identity verification may be required for security purposes. While some anonymized or aggregated information may not be available, we will review and respond to access or deletion requests within 45 days.
While no service is completely secure, Fibo implements industry standard security processes and best practices, including SSL and device-based encryption where available. In the event of a breach, we will notify affected users as required by law.
The Fibo app is designed for professional communication in a workplace environment. Fibo does not target users under the age of 13 for our services. If you are concerned Fibo may have unknowingly collected information of your child under the age of 13, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the data upon verification.
We strongly believe clear, sensible policies are a matter of trust between ourselves and our users. Fibo will notify our users of material changes—any changes which impact your rights—through the Fibo app before the policy goes into effect. If you have any questions regarding the policy changes, please contact us at email@example.com. Continued use of the Platform after the changes go into affect constitutes consent to the changes.
Need to reach us? No problem.
357 Grove StreetSan Francisco, CA 94102